November 4, 2015

Lost River Caverns

A few weeks ago, Dave and I went with some friends to Lost River Caverns.


I had never been to a cave like this before, and I have an interest in geology, so this was a fun time. The entrance to the place was kind of interesting...


Just inside the building was even better.


No, this cave didn't have dinosaur fossils in it. Anyway, you can't just walk through the caverns on your own- you have to take a guided tour, which you start in the building, underneath the dino-urso face off going on there. The cave was pretty small compared to others, I'm told, but it had some cool features.


It indeed had a tiny river inside. Calling it a river is kind of a stretch. It had flowing water inside. It also had glow in the dark rocks! That was very cool, but hard to see in the photo.



It was a good outing. I'm glad my friends were along to make the day more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...