March 13, 2017

Burnt sugar bundt cake with caramel frosting

This past weekend I made burnt sugar bundt cake with caramel frosting from Baked Explorations.


It was delicious!! However, I didn't follow the recipe exactly because I had a caramel disaster when I was making the burnt sugar part. Cooking the sugar went okay, and then when I added the cream and it clumped up I was worried, but it eventually melted into a nice caramel. Then it was time to add the coconut milk. It turned into a giant hard blob of caramel.


I had store-bought caramel in the fridge from the last time I tried to make caramel for something from this cookbook and had to run out and get it when I had another caramel disaster. So I just combined that with the coconut milk and lemon juice and soldiered on.


The cookbook offered a substitution of vanilla extract for the rum in the frosting, and that's what I did. The cake was really, really good. Everyone loved it. I'll definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...