September 24, 2016

Hawk Mountain

I went to Hawk Mountain recently to go hiking and maybe see some birds.


It wasn't what I expected, but it was fun. Some of the trails are dirt, but some are rocky and steep and require hands free to help you climb or balance as you along. I got a workout I wasn't expecting! I made my way up to the north lookout and was rewarded with a beautiful view and some interesting birds.


That's an owl perched on that pole. He wouldn't move, even though a merlin repeatedly dive bombed him. It was a nice day and a place worth checking out.

2 comments:

  1. How did you know it was a Merlin? Was it the hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      I know you're kidding, but as JC pointed out to me when we went birding, birders are really friendly! I didn't know it was a merlin. The birders at Hawk Mountain pointed that out. One person at the highest point also let everyone know when it was coming back around (when it was out of sight).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...