October 8, 2016

Hiking Mt. Tammany at Delaware Water Gap

I recently visited Delaware Water Gap for the first time. It's not far- I really have no excuse why it took so long. My first stop was the headquarters to get some maps...and to get my national parks passport stamped.


Once again, there was an incredibly friendly, knowledgeable park ranger that was very helpful! I had planned on hiking up Mt. Tammany, so he showed me how to get there and also pointed out some other great hikes I might like to try.


The ranger had mentioned that the red dot trail up to the summit was the most challenging in the park. So I figured I'd take the chance to do that while Dave wasn't with me because he probably wouldn't like that. I went up the red and down the blue and walked a bit of the Appalachian Trail, too.


The ranger wasn't kidding about strenuous. It was rocky and steep and heart pumping. This bit was one of the easier parts! It was a great hike.


There were some nice views of the gap along the way. Coming down the blue trail was a breeze after the red trail, but I enjoyed the whole loop. I'm looking forward to going back and exploring other places to hike at Delaware Water Gap. It's a beautiful place.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! But... ummmm... aren't people supposed to never go hiking alone??? Be careful, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's funny you should mention that...Dave and I just discussed that maybe I should take pepper spray with me in the future. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...