March 16, 2018

Doctor Who: The Curse of Peladon

The Doctor and Jo take the TARDIS on a test run and end up on the planet Peladon. King Peladon (yes, the same name, not confusing at all) is petitioning the Galactic Federation for membership and the delegates are arriving. Also, someone is murdered and the high priest, Hepesh, is clearly evil, but the naive young king trusts him. The Doctor and Jo are mistaken for the Earth delegates, and he names her Princess Josephine of TARDIS.

Arcturus (head on a box), King Peladon, Jo, the Doctor, Alpha Centauri, and Hepesh

Oh, look, some Ice Warriors are here, too.


not so bad, really

They'll be convenient scapegoats for the clearly evil guy who doesn't want Peladon in the Galactic Federation. He has already been warning about the Beast of Peladon, Aggedor, coming to kill people. Yeah, that's enough of this. To be honest, I thought I remembered this story being better. I struggled to pay attention. I did like how the Ice Warrior had the Doctor's back. I hope The Sea Devils is fun like I remember.


THE RUNDOWN

Doctor: Third
Companions: Jo Grant
Episode: #61, "The Curse of Peladon," four parts
Adversary: Hepesh and Arcturus
Classic Lines: Jo, to the king: "I just don't understand you. I really don't. One minute you're condemning the Doctor to death, and the next minute you're proposing to me!"
Tuck This Away to Impress Your Friends: King Peladon is played by David Troughton, the son of Patrick Troughton, the 2nd Doctor.
Next Up: "The Sea Devils"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...