May 22, 2018

Wildwood Park

Dave and I went to Wildwood Park last weekend. Not to be confused with Wildwood, NJ, this place is a lake and a wildlife sanctuary with trails near Harrisburg, PA.


You kind of have to tune out the highway noise, but it was a really nice day. A large section is composed of wetlands, so we saw plenty of egrets. Yay! It also seemed overrun with red-winged blackbirds, which are always cool to see. Dave said they were the bison of Wildwood Park. (I kept being excited by bison when we were in Wyoming, but Dave got sick of them. That reminds me, I haven't blogged about Wyoming.)


One section had a ton of painted turtles and many camouflaged frogs. OH, and we also saw a yellow warbler, possibly a flycatcher, and a green heron in a nest. A nice birdwatcher pointed out the nesting heron to me. Very cool. All in all, I'd recommend the place.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...