September 28, 2012

A trip to the NJ Aquarium

I went to the NJ Aquarium.  I know it's called the Adventure Aquarium now, but if you say that, people will just ask if that is the NJ Aquarium in Camden.  Also, I think Adventure Aquarium sounds silly.  It's right on the waterfront, so you have a nice view of Philadelphia from the place.


I would like to be able to go here and take some night shots of Philly from across the water.  Too bad Camden is not a place you want to hang out after dark.  Apparently someone took my photo while I was taking photos...


I was not aware that was happening.  The only problem with this photo is that you can't see my awesome killer bunny/Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch shirt.


After I wasted time taking photos of Philly, it was time to actually go in the aquarium.  It was smaller than I thought it would be, but it had some neat things.  I liked the hammerhead sharks.  There was also a walkway in a tube running through one of the tanks which held the majority of the sharks at the aquarium.  When you were in the tube, if felt like you could reach out and touch the sharks.  They could swim over your head or come right up to you.  It was a little creepy at times.  I kept imagining what it would be like to run into one of these sharks in the ocean.

There were plenty of exhibits with colorful fish and seahorses and all the stuff you'd expect in an aquarium.  There was also an area with two hippos in it.  I felt kind of bad for them because they didn't have much room.  The sea lions didn't have much room, either.


The main attraction for me in going to the NJ Aquarium was the penguins.  What I mean to say is, PENGUINS!!


I love penguins!  I'm a little peeved that March of the Penguins made them so popular because I have always loved penguins.  Here is a random penguin cam.  The aquarium's penguin exhibit left a lot to be desired.  It was tiny, and all the penguins were hiding except for this one.

I want to give this little guy a hug
I've been told that they are expanding their penguin habitat soon.  I hope so.  They can come stay with me in the meantime.  Overall, the aquarium was worth visiting, but I wouldn't go there often.  The aquarium in Baltimore isn't that far, so it would be worth it to drive there instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...