February 2, 2015

Homemade pizza

I used to make pizza a lot, but I haven't made a whole pizza for a couple of years now. I'm not counting English muffin pizzas- those are easy and I make them often enough. Anyway, I made two pizzas for dinner the other night.


One was regular crust; one was garlic and herb crust. This is where I admit that I used Trader Joe's pizza dough instead of making my own. I know I should make my own. But I haven't tried that yet. I will. When I make pizza, I improvise. I don't use a recipe. There really isn't much to basic pizza.


I get the dough as close to a circle as possible. It usually looks circular, then when I transfer it to a cookie sheet, it loses its nice shape. Yep, I know I should get a pizza stone. I will. Then I put down the marinara sauce. This time I used Trader Joe's pizza sauce, which was very good. I slice up fresh mozzarella, and that goes on next. I used too much cheese this time. It was good, but next time I'll use less cheese. To finish it off, I season it with oregano, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. It goes into a 450 degree oven until it looks done. Ta da! Pizza.

garlic and herb crust

The garlic and herb crust was good, too. The garlic taste definitely came through.


I forgot to mention, it's best to let the pizza sit for a minute before you slice it. That lets the cheese firm up a bit. Of course, I used so much cheese that it was still oozing all over. But it was tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...