December 23, 2016

Holiday sugar cookies

I've never decorated sugar cookies with icing. I decided I wanted to do that and try a new recipe, too.


I chose Joanne Chang's holiday sugar cookies from her cookbook Flour. I've had great success with recipes from this book, and this one didn't disappoint, either.


They were very tasty! The cookies got rave reviews from my family.


I think I could've done a better job with the decorating, but it's not bad for my first try. I went with the icing in the recipe- not royal icing, which is the traditional sugar cookie icing. I did add a little vanilla extract, since there wasn't any and the flavor was a little boring without it.


The cookies themselves were much better than the recipe I used to use for sugar cookies. I'll definitely make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...