June 6, 2017

Doctor Who: The Mind Robber

Before I started the Whoathon, I occasionally blogged about random episodes of Doctor Who. The Mind Robber is one of my favorites of the 2nd Doctor, and you can read my post about it here.



I'm not going to repeat myself here, other than to say again that I very much enjoy this episode and that I'm an avid reader so the idea of fictional characters coming to life out of books is intriguing to me. Check this one out if you haven't seen it!


THE RUNDOWN

Doctor: Second
Companions: Jamie, Zoe
Episode: #45, "The Mind Robber," five parts
Adversary: the Master of the Land of Fiction (no, not THAT Master)
Classic Lines: while trying to get into the Master's citadel, Zoe: "Well, we can't just ring the bell and ask to go in!"; the Doctor, in reply: "Well, why not? It's the usual way."
Tuck This Away to Impress Your Friends: In one episode, the Doctor has to choose Jamie's eyes, nose, and mouth from a selection of them to put Jamie's face back together. He chooses the wrong ones, and another actor plays Jamie for most of that episode until the Doctor gets another chance to choose.
Next Up: "The Invasion"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...