October 28, 2017

Brentano String Quartet

I like classical music, but I hadn't been to see any live for awhile. I saw that the Brentano String Quartet was going to be at the Williams Center for the Arts at Lafayette College and thought it would be great.


It was. They were fantastic, and I liked the pieces they chose to perform. There's something different about hearing classic music in person. You can feel the music. You experience the music in a way that you don't with a recording or watching on tv. I enjoy watching opera on tv, but I have been moved to tears in person.


I got my ticket at the last minute so there weren't many seats left. I was up close and personal! But in this case it would've been better to be farther away. That didn't matter, though. I was there to listen. This was my first time at the Williams Center, but I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...