September 12, 2018

Medieval Times

I've wanted to go to Medieval Times for years but never have. When I heard that they updated their show and a queen was in charge instead of a king, it was time to pull the trigger!

Oh yes. It's a castle.

Dave and I went to the one in Lindhurst, NJ. When you get there, they assign you a color and a table. We were in the green section, rooting for the Green Knight.



I was happy to see that everyone gets in the spirit and wears the crown of their section. I didn't really know what to expect, but I knew that you had to eat with your hands. They say it's because they didn't have utensils in medieval times. I doubt that's true...but you have to eat with your hands here. They give you wet wipes, but we brought extra napkins and needed them.

Yummy

The queen came out to say hey and the knights were introduced.

Long may she reign!

Then the feast was on and there was dressage and a falconry and drill team demonstration while we were eating. Pretty cool.

the Queen's Guard doing drill team maneuvers

Time for the games. The jousting was neat.


There was sword fighting, too, and a bad guy who had to be defeated.



It ended up being a lot of fun. Before we went, I was concerned that it would be geared too much toward kids, but it was a great time. There were a lot of adults there without children. It's definitely worth a trip if you have one close by.

3 comments:

  1. Me, Josh, Suzy and her ex went there when we visited them in Florida years ago. I LOVED IT!! Glad you guys got to experience it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I didn't know you went there. It's so much fun!!

      Delete
  2. That's so cool! I want to go there some day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...