January 9, 2020

Cinnamon buns

I love cinnamon buns. I had never made them before, because yeast dough seemed intimidating to me. I've since discovered that yeast dough is fun and not that hard. I make homemade pizza dough fairly often now, so it was time to find a good cinnamon bun recipe.

YUM

I was going to make the cinnamon buns (or cinnamon rolls, as everyone else calls them) for a family brunch. I found this recipe and it seemed like it would be good. However, I'm not the biggest fan of cream cheese icing. I did a test run before brunch and did half with the cream cheese icing in the recipe and the other half with a butter/sugar glaze.

pre-icing
Dave and I decided that the cream cheese icing, while good, was a bit too overpowering. We preferred the sugar glaze. That's what I used for brunch. Oh, and the taste? WOW, THESE ARE THE BEST. Seriously. The best. They were amazing.


I messed up the icing a little bit, as you can see. I didn't let the butter soften enough, and you can see little bits of butter on them. Oops! They were still great. These cinnamon buns will be made many times in the future.

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...