March 6, 2016

2016 Philadelphia Flower Show

My mom and I made our annual trip to the Philly Flower Show yesterday. This year's theme was Explore America and focused on national parks and the National Park Service.


I was incredibly excited for this year's show. I'm a big fan of the NPS. We live in a beautiful country, and the National Park Service protects that natural beauty, along with historic and culturally important sites. I even have a National Parks Passport.


The book is divided into regions. When you visit a national park or historic site or heritage area, they usually have a stamp at the visitor's center.


You stamp your book with the park's stamp- the rangers already have it set to the correct date. The Philly Flower Show had a special stamp, so you know I was dorkily excited about that.


Why two of the same? The Flower Show was supposed to have two separate stamps, and when I saw two stamps at the ranger station, I thought they were it. After asking at three different places and getting help from a very friendly park ranger, it seems that this was the only stamp to be had- even though it wasn't the stamp used in the promo materials.

Anyway, that is enough about my NPS stamp obsession. The show was fantastic. It was one of my favorites of all time. The exhibitors got very creative in expressing the national parks they chose to highlight. And, as always, the flowers were beautiful.


It was noticeably brighter this year in the Convention Center. In previous years, it had been quite dark- almost hard to see. This year, the lighting was still subdued, but it was bright enough to clearly see the exhibits. That was a welcome change.

I had a really great time. I think this was my second favorite. Paris is still my first. If you're around Philly, I highly recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...