April 19, 2016

Grasshopper cake

I've been wanting to try this cake for some time. It's grasshopper cake, from the cookbook Baked.


Sadly, this was one of those cakes that my family liked but I thought was meh. I was disappointed by the buttercream.


I brought this cake to my parents' house. I tend to do that so my husband and I don't eat entire cakes ourselves. The chocolate cake was good. The mint chocolate ganache in between the cake layers was very good. But the mint buttercream was not good at all.


I've made buttercreams before, and they've turned out excellent. This one used a different method involving flour, and I wonder if that's just not to my taste. The texture and the flavor both seemed off to me. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...