April 11, 2016

Morristown National Park

Last month Dave and I went to Morristown National Historical Park. Washington and his troops stayed here during the Revolutionary War, and there are miles and miles of trails as well as a museum building/visitor's center.


It was great! Although, I wish there was more Washington stuff. I adore Washington.


They had a neat section with Revolutionary-era pamphlets. This speech is the one that Washington gave in my favorite Washington story, so it was really cool to see a printed version from the time.


We headed off to Jockey Hollow, the section of the park with trails. This is where the troops camped. The trails were cool, and I'd like to go back and explore more.


And of course, I had to get my passport stamps.


There were stamps at both visitor's centers- the headquarters museum and Jockey Hollow. But the headquarters stamps had the wrong date and also one didn't have the year! I stamped one upside down, too. Haha. That's okay. It was a fun day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...