November 28, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cake

I like pumpkin desserts.  Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, pumpkin scones, pumpkin pie- I like it all.  I made pumpkin spice cake tonight.  I saw John Barricelli bake this on Everyday Food a few years ago.  It's incredibly easy.  I don't even need my stand mixer to make it.  It tastes more like pumpkin bread than pumpkin cake, but it's good all the same.


The problem when baking anything with pumpkin is that my dog likes pumpkin.  The beagle never gets people food, except for pumpkin.  He is a pumpkin monster.  That means when I open the can of pumpkin purée, he comes running.  He got to lick the spoon.  

When I made this cake before, I made it with the honey cream cheese frosting in the recipe.  I didn't really like that frosting, so I made a simple confectioners' sugar glaze this time.  That was better.  It doesn't need any icing at all, but I felt compelled to put some on there since it's called a cake.  Here's the cake last time with honey cream cheese frosting:


I like this pumpkin spice cake a lot.  I'll probably make it again in a few days.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...