March 10, 2019

Philly Flower Show 2019: Flower Power

My mom and I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show again this year. Unfortunately, we both agreed this was the worst one we have ever attended. The theme was vague, the exhibits weren't very good, and there were hardly any of the usual big exhibits. Here's the main entrance.


Those white walls you see are booths for the FTD World Cup. That was a huge problem. The competition space took up two thirds of the floor, where the big, beautiful exhibits usually are. That might be okay if the competitors were ready. But THEY WEREN'T. We were there for the member preview hours on the first day of the show, and the World Cup booths were half empty and people were still setting things up.

My mom and I were done with the show in less than an hour. We heard other people talking about how there was less to it this year than in the past, too. While my mom and I had a nice time walking around and going to Reading Terminal Market after, the flower show was incredibly disappointing this year. Next year's theme is Riviera Holiday, which sounds great, so I hope the show gets back to its usual standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...